Google

Monday, March 07, 2005

back up power

I have a portable generator which I purchaced a number of years ago. It is a 3000 watt Coleman with a 8 hp Brigg & Stratton motor.
It has been a fair backup system, although It is quite noisy and the tank is on the small size.

I have found that there is a large swing in the output from 95-130 volts.
There is not a noticable change in the rpm of the motor when running, with nothing plugged into it.

When running power tools off the gererator, You can here it working hard with the bigger tools, with bigger noise problems that the nieghors do not enjoy, even with a new muffler.

Over the next while I will be looking to replace my current generator and the new one, it will have to be quite, with a little more output, about 4-5000 watts.

I intend to use it at camp and has to be very portable so I can use it on some of my hobbies which are done away from home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home