Google

Thursday, February 24, 2005

Size of your workshop

If your workshop/garage is small like mine you will have to use the space wisely.

I have built a workbench, 60” wide X 28 “deep X 38”high, which can be rolled out from the wall, into the area I am working, it is the same height as my table saw (also on wheels) and also serves as a landing table. I still have trouble ripping a sheet of plywood.
My bench saw can be moved here and there with ease.

On the back of the bench I have a leaf which can be lifted up to make the top another 16”wider.
The workbench has four drawers with the sides only 2” high with heavy-duty drawer glides.

I put my chop saw on one side (top shelf), grinder on the other side of the center divider.
My other tools (the lighter ones) go in the bottom drawers.
I did not put doors on the front.
I installed receptacles on both sides of the bench on a heavy cord to plug into the wall outlets.

when I am finished working for the day I do put things away to put the car in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home