Google

Saturday, April 16, 2005

hand plane

I can remember my fathers toolbox, had about four or five different sizes of hand planes in it.

they is still around and used for many jobs.
There are a lot of power tools which have taken away some of the jobs that called for hand planes, but there is no better sence of accomplishment than running your fingers over a p[iece of wood which you have just finished by hand.

There aren't as many types as there once were.

A decent new plane will cost $40 and up at the hardware store.

Look for used hand planes for sale at flea markets and garage sales. These vintage tools were built to last, and there's plenty of life in them still.
You can take off just a thin slice of wood, no tool is better for shaving the edge of a sticking door, chamfering the corner of a board, or straightening one that is twisted or warped. That's why most carpenters still pack a hand plane or two in their toolboxes.


Carpentry Tools @ canadiantire.ca

1 Comments:

At 12:33 PM, Blogger Dale's Gmail said...

Hi richard, you have a fantastic blog. Keep it up. I was just out blog surfing for detailed info on mlcs wood working when I found your page. Your hand plane is a little off base, but I am certainly glad I stopped by. If you wouldn't mind, I'd would like to post your link on my "favorites" page for future reading and reference. Should you ever need information on mlcs wood working then drop by and check it out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home