Google

Thursday, March 31, 2005

cutting expensive wood or plywood

One way to reduce the fraying on the cut, when using a table saw, is to make sure the rip fence is perfectly in line with the saw blade. if it is off line a little bit you will see evidence of fraying on the back side of the cut.
A good quality Rip Fence is very important.

You can try masking tape over the cut line to help keep the fibers on the edge from pulling up.

Or Use a Router, fitted with a straight bit will cut a clean line. A pilot bit and straight edge will help provide a clean line.

88x31 Free Shipping over $60

1 Comments:

At 2:46 PM, Blogger Dale's Gmail said...

Hi richard, your blog is creative. Wow! As I was out blog surfing for detailed info on mlcs wood working I found you rpage. Obviously I ended up a little off base, but I am certainly glad I did. If you would not mind, I would like to post your link to my "favorites" page to come back and read again sometime. Should you ever need
it, there's lots of information on this site about mlcs wood working.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home