Google

Friday, March 18, 2005

Routers

Routers come in two different styles, a fixed one and a plunge style.
The fixed style, (the one I have) works well and can be mounted under the table, of my table saw. This setup is very useful, as I can use the rip fence which is on the table saw.

My router is a 1/4 inch model which is good for most of my projects, on bigger and heavier work, the 1/2 " may be the one you prefer.
Before you buy one, shop around, (there are some real good deals around), visit some of the forums which deal with woodworking.
Talk to the salesperson, ask for a brochure and warrantee, before you purchase. Most good Hardware stores have a very good return and repair/replacement program.
Make sure it will handle the work you will want to do today and tomorrow.

As time goes by, we become more expierenced at wood working,we tend to take on more complicated work.
Be sure to purchase top quality carbide tipped bits, (you will be glad you did).

1 Comments:

At 12:36 PM, Blogger Dale's Gmail said...

Hi richard, I liked your blog. Just out blog surfing looking for info on beginner wood working projects when I ended up on your page. Obviously I ended up a little off base, but I am certainly glad I found it. I would like to post your link on my "favorites" page for future reference and reading. Should you ever need it, you can get specific information about beginner wood working projects at the site above.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home